Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Smart doggie

I wonder if this is how an engineer who inherits a new project feels.  One of my favorite blogs, thedailyWTF, writes about all the fun software designers have learning about the, shall we say, creative old work done on projects that they inherit, and I feel a little like this is similar, but rather than having to try to understand hash tables and database structure, I have to learn the mapping from commands to behavior.  For instance, "come here" apparently means "come and sit down," and since he got the hang of walking on a loose leash after only a few blocks, he must have known it before.  I almost wonder if we'll walk a crowd of French students and something they say will uncover an easter egg.  Perhaps he can break dance and I just don't know what the command is!

No comments:

Post a Comment